24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
020 7503 1646
12:30-18:00 Monday to Saturday
Arcola Theatre, 24 Ashwin Street, London E8 3DL
12:30-18:00 Monday to Saturday
We don’t like booking fees, so we don’t charge you them.
Arcola does not generally sell tickets via third party organisations. Please be advised that any tickets bought through unauthorised agents will be voided.
All tickets are subject to availability, and to our standard terms and conditions. Please note all tickets are non-refundable and latecomers may not be admitted.
Tickets prices for shows in Studio 2:
£17 (£14 concessions). Previews £12
Seating is unallocated.
Ticket prices for shows in Studio 1:
£22 – £10
See plan for tiered pricing
You can pay for tickets using Visa, Mastercard, Visa Delta/Debit, Solo, UK Maestro and Visa Electron cards. We regret that we do not accept Diners Card or American Express. We do not accept Theatre Tokens.
All tickets are held for collection at the box office. We do not post out tickets.
We offer concessions to
- Students (with a student/NUS card)
- Members of Equity, BECTU, Writers’ Guild (WGGB) and Stage Directors UK (SDUK)
- Senior citizens (60+)
- People in receipt of disability benefits
- Companions of people in receipt of disability benefits
- People in receipt of unemployment benefits
Proof of eligibility is required when collecting tickets. Those without proof will be asked to pay full price for their tickets.
Groups of 10 people receive an 11th ticket free. Educational group bookings are priced at the concession rate, with the 11th ticket free.
Arcola reserves a limited number of ‘Pay What You Can’ tickets for performances on Tuesday evenings. The average ticket spend is £5, but there are no restrictions either way; you simply pay what you can.
Pay What You Can tickets can only be purchased in person, from 6pm on the night of the performance. They are distributed on a first come, first served basis, and are strictly limited to two per person.
A queue normally starts forming before 6pm. You are most likely to secure Pay What You Can tickets in the first week of productions, before reviews are published.
Very occasionally, for one-off or short-run productions, Pay What You Can tickets may not be available. This will be posted on show pages where appropriate.
Arcola Theatre does not offer refunds on tickets. However, tickets may be
- exchanged for another performance of the same production. Exchanges are subject to availability, and to a £3 transaction fee. To retain special offer discounts, the same offer must be available on the performance for which the ticket is being exchanged. If not, the difference between the discounted price and full price, in addition to the transaction fee, will be due.
- returned for credit vouchers if a show has sold out. Before 6pm on the day of the performance, please call the box office. After 6pm on the day of the performance, returns can only be processed in person. All successfully returned tickets are exchanged for credit, which can be used in a future transaction with Arcola Theatre for 6 months from the crediting date. Please note that after this time, any unused credit is donated to Arcola Theatre’s charitable work.
Purchasing returned tickets
If a show has sold out, you can join the waiting list for returns by phoning or visiting the box office from 12.30pm on the day of the performance. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can request.
If tickets become available before 6pm, a member of our team will contact you. Tickets are resold on a first come, first served basis; if we are unable to contact you on the first attempt, the next person on the list will be contacted.
After 6pm, returned tickets can only be issued in person. Members of the waiting list will be given priority if they check in at the box office and remain in the building.
We never know how many return tickets there may be, and we cannot guarantee there will be any at all. Please note that returns are always less likely towards the end of a show’s run.
Space is limited in the auditorium. For your comfort, we strongly advise that you do not bring large bags to the theatre. Unfortunately we do not have a cloakroom; large items may be left with a member of staff at the Box Office, but at your own risk. All such items may be subject to inspection.