A dynamic company of young people aged 16-25 who already have some experience and are now ready to take their skills to the next level.
Arcola Academy is a semi-professional company and the young people involved have the chance to participate in all aspects of theatre, from marketing, devising community workshops through to production management. Arcola Theatre accepts 16 members who work with a professional production team to create a full-scale production. The production is then showcased to invited industry guests as well as the general public.
Arcola Academy provides young people with a vital springboard towards further education, employment or a career in the creative industries. Past participants include Lynette Linton (Artistic Director, Bush Theatre) and Arinze Kene (Misty).
Classes take place weekly on Mondays, 5:30-9:30pm. Industry term is 22 April – 24 June 2019.
Limited bursaries for young people living in Hackney are available.
APPLICATIONS FOR INDUSTRY TERM 2019 CLOSE 15 APRIL. Appli
Previous Arcola Academy productions:
- THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISSOCIA by Anthony Neilson (March 2019)
- CONSENSUAL by Evan Placey (March 2018)
- USED BLOOD JUNKYARD by Alberto Villarreal Translated by Simon Scardifield (January 2014)
- THE RED HELICOPTER by Robin French (July 2013)
- CLOWN SEX by Natasha Sutton Williams (June 2012)
APPLICATIONS FOR ARCOLA ACADEMY ARE NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN JULY TO APPLY FOR THE 2019/20 COMPANY.