Arcola Theatre (24 Ashwin Street) and Arcola Outside (2-8 Ashwin Street) are both just 2 minutes’ walk from both Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction stations, on the London Overground.
- 5 minutes by train from Highbury & Islington (connecting with Victoria line).
- 10 minutes by train from Whitechapel (connecting with District and Hammersmith and City lines).
- 10 minutes by train from Stratford (connecting with Central, Jubilee, DLR lines and National Rail).
We are a 5-minute bus ride (or 15 minute walk) away from Hackney Downs station (10 minutes from Liverpool Street, connecting with Central, Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines).
Arcola is served by the following bus routes:
- 149 from London Bridge or Edmonton Green.
- 242 from Tottenham Court Road via Liverpool Street or Hackney Central.
- 6 or 243 from Old Street or Wood Green.
- 38 or 56 from Angel or Clapton Pond Roundabout/Lea Bridge Road.
- 30 or 277 from Highbury and Islington.
For detailed bus information to Arcola Theatre on Ashwin Street, visit the TFL website.
Street parking around Ashwin Street is extremely limited. A list of nearby car parks is available on the Hackney Council website.
When travelling to and from Arcola please consider the environment. Green travel is a core aspect of Arcola Theatre’s Environmental Policy and your efforts will help us reach our target of becoming the world’s first carbon-neutral theatre.
For more sustainable taxi services, we recommend:
- Green Tomato Cars (020 8568 0022), endorsed by the LDA/Green Tourism Awards
There are places to lock your bike on Ashwin Street.