Sunday 21st February , 12 noon – 5pm. Tickets free.
As part of the 2016 Hackney Council Discover Young Hackney Festival, Arcola Theatre is hosting New Experiments in Art and Technology, a gathering and inspirational event for young people aged 9 to 19. This event is a chance to learn about careers and projects that explore how technology and the arts can connect in new and exciting ways.
The event will feature guest presentations, from art and tech companies highlighting their professional practice (including how film, digital media, coding, video games, theatre and live events are being recombined). There will also be 2 hours of open plan networking, where you can meet with Hackney’s local art and tech companies and sign up for current or future projects. There is also the chance to join in practical workshops where you can use cutting edge technology to create new interactive art pieces and experiences.
Guests confirmed include:
- Arcola Theatre – discussing pilot projects run with young people this year
- Blippar – A Leading Visual Discovery App using most advanced mobile Augmented Reality
- Immediate Theatre – Thinking creatively about careers in the arts and technology
- Block Stop – creators of live video games and theatrical experiences
- Get Into Tech (London Borough of Hackney) – training and further opportunities in the tech sector for young people
- Glitchers – Creators of award-winning games and interactive products
- Hoxton Hall – discussing their new interactive building audio tour
- plus more to be confirmed
The gathering is FREE but tickets are required. You can book by clicking above. Free lunch is also provided.
Catering kindly supplied by Donna Fugassa.
Donna Fugassa is a new Italian bakery café’ in the heart of Dalston, come and visit us! www.donnafugassa.co.uk
Part of the What Makes An Artist? season.