The health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff is an absolute priority for us. In order to keep you safe during the Covid-19 pandemic, we are following government guidance (which you can read here) as well as adhering to best practice, in line with industry bodies. Please have a read of the following information ahead of your visit.
We are currently operating with the following safety measures:
- Face coverings are to be worn at all times except when seated. If you are exempt or medically unable to wear a face covering, please visit the box office and inform a member of staff.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to Arcola Outside.
- We have rigorous cleaning procedures in place.
- Drinks can be ordered by scanning the QR code provided and will be brought to you.
- We have been See it Safely approved.
- Upon arrival at the venue, all audiences and customers must check in through the NHS track and trace app which you can download here. If you do not have access to a smartphone, please let a member of the Front of House team know upon arrival.
- Arcola Outside benefits from being an outdoor venue, thereby significantly reducing the risk of airborne transmission of the virus.
- We recommend that all tickets are purchased in advance from Arcola Theatre’s box office.
- We ask that bookings are made in line with the latest government advice.
- In Studio 1, seats are not socially distanced.
- You will be emailed an e-ticket which may be shown on your mobile device when you arrive at the theatre. You can also print this off and show it upon arrival at the theatre.
- Upon arrival at the venue, all audiences and customers must check in through the NHS track and trace app which you can download here.
- If we are required by any Covid-19 government guidance to cancel a performance, tickets may be exchanged or refunded.
- If you or a member of your party tests positive for Covid-19, you can exchange your ticket for another performance (subject to availability). We will ask for an optional donation of £3 to help to cover the costs of changing your tickets.
- At Arcola Outside, our seating is organised in benches of two. These benches are situated side-by-side with 1 metre gap between each two seater bench. Please note, these benches are fixed in place and cannot be moved.
- If you book a single ticket for a show at Arcola Outside, please be aware that you may be sat next to one person from a different household.
- At Arcola Outside, each bench is separated from any other group of seats by at least 1 metre on all sides.
ARCOLA OUTSIDE ACCESS
- Arcola Outside is step-free. If you are coming to a show and use a wheelchair, there are a number of online bookable wheelchair spaces.
- You can now let us know through your Arcola account if you have any access requirements. You can also email us any access requirements in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 503 1646.
- You can book a free companion ticket through our box office system and this will be explained as you make your booking. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us or email us.
- Our bench seating has back support, but you may want to bring your own cushions if you need them.
- You can find more information about access at Arcola Outside on our Access page.
ARCOLA OUTSIDE FAQs
What happens if I develop Coronavirus symptoms after booking?
If you have any symptoms of coronavirus or are told you need to self-isolate after booking, we can credit your account or transfer your booking to another performance. Please email email@example.com to arrange this. Please do not enter the venue if you have symptoms or should be self-isolating.
Can I book tickets in advance?
For shows and events, we encourage all ticket-bookers to book in advance.
I’m coming to a show, can I come and have a drink beforehand?
The bar will be open one hour before each show for you to settle in and have a drink from the bar. The bar will remain open after each performance, unless another performance is taking place afterwards. Last orders are at 10pm. Read the bar opening times here.
Do you accept cash?
We are currently only taking card and contactless payments at Arcola Outside.
Do you have toilet facilities available?
Our toilets are based in the main Arcola Theatre building, 60 metres from the Arcola Outside site. We advise you to come early with enough time, as toilet facilities will not be accessible during performance times.
Are latecomers allowed?
Whilst we cannot guarantee that latecomers will be admitted, we will endeavour to admit them at a suitable point in the performance. If you need to leave the auditorium once the show has started, we will endeavour to re-admit you at an appropriate point in the performance.
Can I order a drink during the performance?
Our drinks ordering app will not be available once a show has started. We advise you to arrive in good time to order your drinks before the performance.
What happens if it rains?
Arcola Outside is a covered auditorium and performances will go ahead in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for outdoor temperatures.
Does Arcola Outside have heaters?
In line with our objective to be a carbon neutral theatre, Arcola Outside will not have outdoor heaters. Please dress appropriately for the temperature on the day of the show.
How does seating work on site?
Our bench seating has back support, but you may want to bring your own cushions if you need them.
Will a cloakroom be available?
Our benches have holding space for larger items for you to keep your belongings during performances. Please ensure that you check you have cleared this before you leave.
Are dogs allowed in your venue?
Only guide dogs are permitted within the Arcola Outside venue.
Any other questions?
Please contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 503 1646.
Last updated: 19th May 2021