YourFuture is a new enterprise programme in Hackney. We offer free skills and business training, mentoring and paid, freelance work to build your portfolio and grow your business network.
If you’re buzzing with creative energy, 18-24 (25 year olds may apply but there is no guarantee of entry), hold a minimum of NVQ level 2 in graphic design, fine art, web design, illustration, web development/animation, videography, media & communication or photography, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for 50 young people to take part in 25 exciting creative projects based at the Arcola Theatre in Dalston. We will match you will a local business, and you will be mentored by an experienced business leader to complete a design project that you can add to your portfolio.
We will guide you through each stage of the process including:
- Presenting initial concepts to the client
- Developing the chosen concept
- Producing the final piece of work
- We will also enroll you in a week-long programme of skills and enterprise training – learning everything from pitching for contracts, to working in a creative team.
Your business mentor will be there to answer any questions you have at each stage of the project.
What do you get?
- Strong, paid, portfolio work
- New skills
- Tailored 1-2-1 mentoring
- Genuine, local business contracts in your industry
- The chance to work with other people in your position
- The briefs will cover the following areas: Graphic/ communication design, digital/web design and animation, videography, and video production, illustration, and photography.
PLEASE NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TILL FRIDAY 27th JANUARY 2017
To apply to be part of the programme, fill in the application form here: