Arcola Theatre creates exiting and inspiring children’s theatre as well as bringing high quality productions from across the UK to perform on our stages.
- All of our plays are suitable for ages 8+ (and some for even younger children).
- We provide schools with 1 free adult for every 10 children’s tickets purchased to enable you to bring enough teachers to look after your group.
- We also run START at the Arcola Theatre, supported by the Princes’ Foundation for Children and the Arts..
“Arcola Theatre’s production of ‘Boy with a Suitcase’ was so funny, I nearly fell off the bench!” – Oliver, aged 8
“I had fun and my friends had fun too. I enjoyed myself and watching that made me feel very, very happy.” – Whitney, Year 4, Holy Trinity School
“Working with the Arcola has been an incredible opportunity, the children are always excited to visit the theatre.” Anna Yates, teacher at Colvestone Primary School
Previous shows for younger audiences:
- HANDMADE TALES by Tap Tap Theatre (Jan 2014)
- THE GIRL WITH THE IRON CLAWS by The Wrong Crowd (July 2013)
- AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS by Jules Verne Adapted for the stage by Toby Hulse (Jan 2013)
- WALKING THE TIGHTROPE by Mike Kenny (June 2012)
- THE CHRONICLES OF BITTER AND TWISTED presented by Galopin and Arcola Theatre (Jan 2012)